Gordon asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

Is my dog okay?

Sometimes my dog does this thing where he just lays there with his eyes closed, almost as if he is in a trans. If I say his name or shake him he snaps out of it and acts like nothing even happened?? This usually happens at night, I'm not sure if this is a form of sundowning but if someone could let me know what I should do that would be much appreciated.

Your dog is transsexual?  That's very odd.  Ask your Vet.

Unless your dog doesn't have their head down, it kinda sounds like sleeping. You need to give us a little more detail.

• Angel

When my dogs tired he nods off eyes closed while sitting, when he’s super tired he tumbles over then looks at me like I did something to him.

Iftjis was a seizure he would be unresponsive to you, his breathing normally irrational, either deep breaths like he’s sleeping or kind of panting and irregular breaths.  Not all seizures have shaking, trembling and convulsions, there are absence seizures where they seem dazed or confused for a couple minutes then normal.

If you have a concern that he may be having seizures a call to the vet is recommended to get further direction what to do for your dog.

Without actually seeing what's going on, it's impossible to know.   If this was a fit/seisure, you'd know (thrashing around and releasing bladder/bowels).   If you are concerned, and I'd suggest he's just chilling, see your vet - with a vid. if possible.