isabel asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

I don’t know what’s going on ?

I’m just not happy. I’m 13 and recently moved. New city, school, and nothing brings me happiness anymore. I just want to go asleep and never wake up. I genuinely hate myself and just want to be happy. My anxiety is out of control. I need help. 

It sounds like you are dealing with depression. I have attached a wonderful article that discusses teen depression and ways to deal with it. I hope it helps! 

Thirteen is a difficult year for a lot of people, and moving to a new city makes it even harder. It will get better when you're used to the new situation. One thing that can help a lot is making friends.

Donna Carnegie, daughter of self-help legend Dale Carnegie, has written a version of her father's classic, which is one of the most popular self-help books of all time. It's called How to Win Friends and Influence People for Teen Girls.

You say that you're not getting any enjoyment out of things. Here's something that people here have said is helpful with that problem. Look all over and do a complete inventory. You should be able to find at least one or two things you like, such as your favorite music or movie. If there's just one movie you like, watch it once or twice. Then, find movies that are like it in some way - with similar story or the same actor. Keep adding to your entertainment supply to give it variety. 

There's a lot of things that are good for people's moods, and some of them are very easy. I'll show you a list of things you can read about in this answer, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS. 

Talk about them with your parents, or another responsible adult, like a counselor at school.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

Talk to someone at school, teacher or counselor

• Andy C

Happiness is a goal, not the normal state of being. You don't deserve it nor are you supposed to have it.

Happiness takes eating clean (no added sugars), staying in touch with people in person, giving to others and the ability to be at peace with one's self.

Time will tell which is the best answer.

• Andy C

Do what I listed and odds are your problems will be immensely helped or cured.