Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

How to make new friends?

So I'm going to this thing where 400 some people will be at. I won't know a single soul. How do I meet people without it being creepy or weird? We all are freshman to seniors.

• martin

Such events would be creepy for almost anyone. You will find that at these events, most people will stick closely to others whom they know already.

Meeting people is like a script...the same thing happens all the time....you are next to someone or getting wine. Introduce yourself.

You dont need to do that 400 times but at least where yuh ou sit.

Listen more, talk less

But breaking the ice helps ease the night

Get a drink!

As an adult, you can start a conversation with any other adult by simply talking about the weather. Not only that, but you're guaranteed to have several other people chime in too.  Seriously, it's crazy how much you love to talk about the weather as an adult.

Anyway, apply the same logic to your age range. Listen for someone talking about a common subject and then chime in. No one will give a crap that they don't know you.