Am I wrong for feeling like this ? ?

So I have been having issues with my car . My boyfriend paid for my catalytic converter  and labor . Total was $750 . I am extremely grateful the he paid for it because he knows I can’t afford it . My car was driveable so we drove to my mechanic (he in his car , me in my car ) that is 35 mins from my place . We drove back to my place expecting to pick up my car the next day , but The mechanic had to order the catalytic converter again b/c he was sent the wrong part . So we make ANOTHER trip to the mechanic (35 mins away ) so that I could have my car to drive in the meantime . My part comes in and we both drive back to the mechanic to drop my car off . The car gets fixed so he drives from his place to mine(30 mins with traffic)  to pick me up , and then we go to the mechanic to get my car (35 mins ) . When he comes he seems all sulky and tired and I ask him why he is being like that and he says because of the drive . I was like “ I know but it was sort of expected .” He barely talks the entire time driving and when we get to the mechanic I’m like sorry you had to drive so much . He’s like “ Yeah I just didn’t feel like it and it’s the end of the day and the middle of the week (Tuesday )” To me that’s no reason to act so WEIRD just because you have to do something for someone, YOUR GF . When it comes to spending money he’s okay but when he has to DO anything that disrupts his schedule it’s like he can’t handle it . Am I wrong for feeling like he’s selfish ? 

• Dan

You're so wrong and truly the selfish one! He put the money up, the very least you could have done is talk to the shop before hand and make sure there wasn't so much time wasted.

• don r

You are being ungrateful and selfish. Getting a run-around like that over and over would stress anyone who was already tired dealing with their own life problems. Think it over; were you demanding each time like "....the man says you HAVE to bring the car back and I NEED the car ready tomorrow...". It not like he can't handle it. It's like handling it is not solving the problem. Just watch. After you get the car back with a new catalytic converter, the real problem is still there, not fixed, and $750 dollars is gone, plus all the days wasted waiting. Whenever there's a trouble code P0420, so many people are told to replace the converter without testing any other possibilities which cause the converter to act up, and that's because the converter exchange is the easiest and most extensive job. They hope to keep changing parts you pay for until they finally get to the cheap and broken one. I hope like heck I totally wrong, but it happens a lot.

Yes you are wrong. He did you a huge favor paying for it and then taking hours upon hours of his time to drive you back & forth. By the last time its understandable he`s over it or as he said just tired. Be grateful & return the favor. You owe him a lot.

You are over-analyzing this.

What you BOTH should have learned is to telephone the mechanic FIRST.  That would have saved driving for nothing.

. Mechanics have their reasons why a job does not get done.

. Wrong part happens, part is out of stock so have to wait for it to be delivered to the warehouse from the supplier,

. Another customer or 2 were there ahead of you so their jobs take priority/over yours.

. Accidents do happen in the shop so that slows down the mechanic...as now he is a cripple...and his other mechanic in the shop is working on a different job. So that take priority over yours (though they do try to juggle Both acts at the same time.

. There was a B&E into the establishment so the cops are slowing things up as they investigate.

THERE IS PROBABLY MORE BUT CAN'T THINK OF THEM WHILE SITTING ON THE COUCH.

Mechanics work from Dawn to dusk so way past the 8 hour day.

Normally they call you.

So bf is probably more BORED than anything else.  It will pass.

A male.

• zipper

Totally wrong, he works hard and is work worn and already doing a lot more for you than a BF should be doing. Your the one being selfish not him! Try growing up a little girl, if I was him I would for get you fast, your not worth the trouble and heart ack!

Bet you didn't do any sexual favors for the poor guy. You sound like you don't know how to keep a man happy.

I think your being a little selfish thinking he should bend over backwards for you. He paid for the repairs and he basically told you he was just tired. It did sound like a lot of back and forth driving, which is annoying, no matter the day of the week. Men are not complicated creatures. If that's what he said his issue was, that's what it was. Let it go.

Yes you're wrong.

He knows it wasn't your fault, but that doesn't mean he can't get fed up with it. I think most people would have the same feeling in the same situation. Cut him some slack and don't take it personally. 

You are welcome. You have a good boyfriend. 

• fiyyah3 weeks agoReport

Okay thank you . I do tend to take things personally . We both have ADHD and are both sometimes hypersensitive . Thank you so much for the outside advice . I didn’t want to start an argument tonight over me being too sensitive . 

Next time he wants to get naked and have his way with you, tell him the same thing. You don't feel like it because it's the end of the day and middle of the week.

You seem to have a lot of BF problems. Maybe it's time for a new one?