Should I come out as a lesbian to my Trump-supporting parents?

I'm 17. My parents are Trump supporters. I'm not sure if my parents' views on homosexuality have changed, but before Trump got elected they always bashed homosexuality. Should I just ask them if they are still opposed to homosexuality?

Favorite Answer

Your parents are assholes. If you're going to come out, be prepared for worst case scenario. Make sure you'd have somewhere to stay if you get kicked out. I wish you the best of luck. ❤👭

Source(s): I'M A HUGE FUCKING QUEER
  • You could, but you shouldn't have to. I mean, straight people don't come out, so why should you?

Are all teens LGBT these days?

No. You're 17, you still live with them. What would be the point of putting yourself in danger? Though frankly if I have to explain that to your safety is at risk... you're probably exaggerating the bashing.

• reme_1

Test the waters to see how bad it is going to be. Be prepared. CAll the gay center and talk to the counselor. Meet other gals your age. IT is super important that you get strong inside to deal with all the B S you will encounter. Meet some older gay people- ones with cars - in case you need a life suddenly. If coming out day goes badly you will need to stay at a friend's home till things calm down. Sometimes they react badly and then are sorry when they realize that they might not see you again. Make a plan. Be prepared. Keep a bag packed and handy- just in case. I have heard too many stories of kids being kicked out without any money or a phone or a change of clothes and no where to go.

GEt some info from PFLAG.org- a wonderful support group of mostly parents with LGBT kids.. They reach out to other parents. I wish you the best and hope things go smoothly. Do stay in touch with the LGBT center! HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

Always try to be as safe as possible. I know there is a lot of pressure to come out, but if conditions aren't good and you're in a household that discriminates against LGBT people, don't.

You will be risking getting kicked out, harassment, and neglect.

In all honesty, I would wait until you are able to move out and be proud of your choice.

But if you personally feel like this is something very important to you that they absolutely NEED to know, come out. But be cautious.

Come out to close and accepting friends first and ease your way into talking about LGBT stuff with your family. 

What you do in the bedroom is your business not anyone else.

Why come out at all? What's so hard about leaving your personal business in the bedroom? Stop shoving the LGBT agenda down our throats!

• Yes trump will be impeached soon

ya, that would trigger and infuriate them. go for it!