I just found out my husband has been paying for escorts our entire relationship. What should I do? We just got married and have a 16mo son.?

Favorite Answer

For the sake of your son, seek marriage counseling and see if that works. If it doesn't or he refuses to stop, then file for divorce and get out of that marriage. But also collect any proof you have for the courts.

• That's good news Jess, I hope you can work things out. I grew up without a father, so I know how bad it can be. Thank you for best answer.

That's up to you. Personally I would not stay with someone that cheated on me and paid money for women that could be sex slaves for all we know. Paying for escorts is disgusting and says tons about his morals. Is this the man you want to raise your son with?

Up to you.

• KTJoe

Escorts aren't the cleanest so make a decision soon, start with a legal separation.

Anyway, there's really not much choice here.  He forced you into marriage under false pretenses, he's lied to you every day since you met him, and the relationship you thought you had never existed.  There's nothing to save here. 

In addition to what I listed, he put both you and your baby at very serious risk for STDs or their major complications.  So try to set aside your sadness and do some practical things to protect you and your child.   Get tested for STDs and also ask your doc if your son needs testing.   Also, talk to an attorney asap. This doesn't obligate you to anything, but it's important you know your options.  

Most important, don't play head games with yourself by trying to make this work.  I'm one who has always said cheating doesn't have to end a marriage, but your husband didn't just cheat on your.  To be blunt, he is rotten to the core.  You need to put your son first and make sure any damage to him is limited.

• mom

time to divorce him because he is going to give you some kind of disease and it will be his fault.

• David

Well, he's going to keep having sex with other women, whether he pays for it or not.

So you have a choice to make. You can live with the fact that your husband is having sex with other girls. Or you can divorce him. There is no third option. If you try to "change" him by say, insisting that he STOPS having sex with other women...

Then that will just slightly delay the divorce. He will pretend to be good, and seem to be good. But eventually, you will catch him and then you will realize that you should have filed for divorce a long time ago...

• Linda

File for divorce bc being married to him will bring you nothing but heartache and misery.

Sounds really slimy on his part.

• glcang

Get factual proof of you husband indiscretions.

Contact a lawyer and prepare for a nasty divorce...or , well  there really is no ..or

• Linda

I would think so if you bring those records and any other evidence you have to a lawyer.

Take your son and and file divorce!