Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

What age is it usually no longer possible for a woman to conceive a healthy baby ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There' no age when it's usually no longer possible to conceive a healthy baby. A woman can conceive a healthy baby at any age, up until the time she completes menopause. After she completes  menopause (usually some time in her late 40's-early 50's), she can no longer conceive a baby - healthy or unhealthy. 

• it depends on her health in 21 and i can no longer conceive as my health has gone

• Namito
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It is absolutely not possible for a woman conceive a healthy baby after she experiences menopause, that is a given.

There is a window of time before menopause where conception can occur with a greater incidence of spontaneous abortion, gestational trophoblastic disease and chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus.  This varies between women.

Scientists agree that time is usually 45.  Usually. 

If you describer outliers of a rock singer having a child at age 55 it is almost certain she has used an egg donor.  In that case the conception happens in a petri dish.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

55 is usually the limit for any woman

to get pregnant naturally but most pregnancy

@ any age results in completely healthy

offspring.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Its not really age that comes in to it more health weight and of course if you have not been through the menopause, the oldest on record is 59 years, with a healthy baby, if your trying, good luck.

Source(s): GOOGLE
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

If a woman is still capable of having a baby - then she is still capable of having a healthy baby.

There is just a higher risk that she might not have a healthy baby.

There is NO AGE that GUARANTEES not having a healthy baby.

AGAIN - this is assuming the woman is still capable of becoming pregnant - obviously - if menopause has happened - then she is not capable of becoming pregnant.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

When she completes menopause, whether natural, surgical, or chemically-induced. Menopause generally occurs naturally sometime between 45 and 55, but some women experience premature ovarian failure in their 30s or even 20s. Other women will be forced into menopause from medical treatments, which can also occur younger than the typical natural age range.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

After 40 death is real

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on the woman.  For me, it was around 44, because that's when I entered menopause.  So it's not possible for me to conceive a child at all anymore, healthy or not.  My grandmother, on the other hand, had her last child at 46 and she and my mother didn't enter menopause until they were well into their 50s.  My sister is 51 and hasn't begun it yet.  

Now, are the chances of conception still the same in your 40s and 50s? No.  And your chances of complications are higher.  But pregnancy can still occur, and even though the chances of complications are increased, the chances of a healthy baby are still much, much higher. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

60 is likely a good decade to pick.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.