Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

how do i get my injured dog to go outside to pee?

my dog injured her back leg this morning so she walks with a limp, i have a appointment for the vet tomorrow, she's been staying off of it but i wanted to know how do i make her go to the bathroom, should i carry her out? she doesn't really want to walk she's lame right now, she still playful and eating just doesn't really want to walk which is expected, was just wondering what should i do, how long can dogs hold their urine she haven't been out since 2:30pm

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Use a shock collar. 

• 3 weeks ago

by picking it up and placing it outside

• Misty
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

carry your dog out and in. place gently on the ground and do as long as is necessary. don't make an injured dog hold urine!

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I would carry her outside and encourage her to pee/poop if you can.  Otherwise crate her inside and put down a towel or two - she might pee on the towel, but you can wash that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Pick her up but put something under her belly like a towel to support her when she wee's.

Do not feed in the morning in case they want to operate. This is likely to be a slipping patella or cruciate ligament rupture.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

YES you should pick her up and help her outside, and you should stand there with her to help her however she needs even if that means holding her butt up off the ground while she does what she needs to do.  If you are not willing to help a family member in need--and she is exactly that, a family member--then find her a new home with people who actually care.

• 3 weeks ago

I think taking her out would soothe the nerves and I am so sorry to hear about your dog.

• 3 weeks ago

you could pick her up until she heals up

• 3 weeks ago

Carry her out and stay with her, like I have been doing for my blind dog for three years.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

just carry her until she heals up

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.