How/can a 19 year old make money in stocks? How much capital do I need?

Alright, this is a long one……. But please read if you can :)

We all want to be rich….. I know.

I’ve always wanted to make money online and I’ve done everything, pretty much every methods. Now obviously I haven’t studied them or used my time to master them otherwise I should already be making good income so I guess that’s on me.

I was doing affilaite marketing but the company got shutdown :( I was making like £190 per month too :( and I’m 19 without a job just for now so yeah :(

anyway, I do have money saved up and quite a good amount because I don’t spend my money on garbage like pretty much 99% of people that were in my college have lol.

With that being said, I saw some advert about stocks. Now I saw that day trading requires a ridiculous capital to start whereas stocks said you could start with a grand ?

Soooo there’s a lot of fake YouTube vids these days on how to make money on stocks and want to know from real people how I should go about it.

Can I make money? I don’t care if it takes a few years.

And how much do I really need to start?

And where should I goto learn? Or name a reliable course / websites for me to learn.

Lastly is it really worth it? In the future can you make a big amount of money with stocks?

Thank you

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Forget everything you are trying to do.  Get a job or better start a business.  Earn an income, live beneath that income, invest the difference for the long term. Embrace compounding. Literally everything above is someone just trying to avoid working for a living, but you'll find your going to need to. 

• 3 weeks ago

This company is your best bet https://jvz4.com/c/1212969/342439 and it will give you all the tools you need to get started as well

• 3 weeks ago

You are a grown man now but I am not gonna say anything about that. I think it doesn't matter which path you take but as long as you dedicate time you will start to see results. I have been day trading from when I was 17 and now I am also 19. They were lot's of trial and errors along the way but by not giving up I can admit I am a successful trader. I am speaking so as I have managed to have a forex Academy and my source of income is now day trading and teaching people to trade at fulltime. This might also help you https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxoLPNOrlI

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Investing 1000 pounds in stocks you'd probably make less than a couple hundred pounds in a couple years. So yes you can make money, but aren't likely to become rich in a couple years. And affiliate marketing is a good way to make the guys at the top of the pyramid rich, not you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You can make a lot of money in stocks if you invest a lot over a very long period of time.

30-40 years.

You are not going to double your money in a few years.

Any advertising about stocks is a warning to AVOID.  They want your money. If they could make money with stocks they would be doing it, not selling you on it.

You don't even have a job. You have no concept of the world around you.

• 3 weeks ago

If you can't afford to lose your initial investment stay away from any high risk opportunities like daytrading, options, futures, volatile companies etc. Stocks need a long term perspective.

Invest regularly in a solid ETF on the MSCI - on average this should get you a profit of 5 - 10% over a minimum of 10 years

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.