Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

Was my mom at high risk of catching Aids?

My mom died mysteriously at young age. When we last saw her, she was well and wasn't sick. Then we heard she was ill a year later, then she got seriously ill and lost her eye sight and was hospitalized, unable to walk then she passed away at 35 years old. She lived in Africa. Rememring back, she when we lived with her, she used to bring different sexual partners at night when we were sleeping on regular basis. This was in the early 90's. She died in 2000. 

It matters because I'm trying to find closure and come to terms with her early demise 

TBH it sounds like maybe Mom was taking on some sex work to support you, so please don't blame her for that. But Africa does have very high HIV infection rates so this is always possible. Instead of judging her be grateful that she made this sacrifice to feed and house you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

i think thats possible, ask someone in your family about it

Uh......what does it matter now?? come on.

thats possible, i would ask one of your relatives about it