Gurl asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 weeks ago

What recipes can I make with a spice rub? ?

Besides using it for meat?

• 9 hours ago

Recipe using bamboo steamer.

spice rubs are generally for meat and a great addition if you BBQ a lot.

I have never heard of other uses so I will be interested to see the answers you get. I bet some crafty cook out there has indeed used it for something else.

Not sure why you couldn't sprinkle the spices on something like fried potatoes or fried chicken or pork chops.

You may be able to use it with vegetarian fake meats/meat substitutes.

You can use a rub as a seasoning for vegetables. 

Add a bit into mayo to flavor the condiment for a sandwich or add some in to sour cream to use as a dip for veggies or chips. 

Rim a glass with the dip for a drink, great for a Bloody Mary. 

• denise

Cauliflower steaks ;- cut chunky slices through the cauli head, rub with the spice mix, Saute slowly to cook the cauli through, This is good served with a tasty tomato sauce / salsa as a 'veggie' meal, or as a side dish, also nice with melted cheese!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aubergine [eggplant] stacks ;- Spicy rubbed aubergine slices, baked on a sheet pan [with a drizzle of oil], Stacked alternately with tomato, mozzarella,

grilled zucchini [if liked], a sprinkle of parmesan or breadcrumbs, then heated under the 'broiller' for a couple of minutes, A nice meal or generous starter.

birthday cake! mix things up

• ckngbbbls

I was at a food show a while back where the makers of a fajita seasoning mixed it with chocolate syrup and used it on ice cream. it was freakin delicious and completely different than the usual flavors.