Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

How could I transfer money often to my brother abroad?

I have a brother living in another country. He needs me to send money on a monthly basis. Nothing much, just a few hundreds per month. This is so he can pay my own bills that I have in that country. To reduce fees, would it make sense to open a joint checking account with the same bank that I also have here in the U.S. and then transfer money over to that account and then as he's a joint acct. holder have him make payments through this account or take cash out for that? 


What way would I get charged the least?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    Depends on the country. They all have different rules and not all US banks with branches operating in foreign countries operate the same as they do in the States.

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    sounds reasonable

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    I think you can transfer through an American bank that he can get in that country with an American bank or something 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.