VAA
VAA asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 3 weeks ago

How will the discontinuation of Flash affect my Chromebook next year?

Google is the only OS I have on here. The new update in December pretty much puts an end to Flash and Chrome

Flash will be EOL (End of Life). That means that Adobe will no longer actively maintain or support it. If there are any serious security problems found, Adobe won't help or fix them. Your Chromebook will still work, but it will not have Flash anymore, and sites that rely on Flash (I don't think there are too many of them) won't work.

• Dave

What rock have you been living under? Flash has been dead for years. No modern browser, including Chrome, allows it. iOS doesn't allow it. Only MS products allow it.

In other words, it means absolutely nothing to you.

• Jay

Nothing at all. How the hell do so many people not understand this?????? It's not being discontinued. Support is ending. Support ended for Windows 7 and any previous Windows OS. They still work. Nothing changed. Just no more support.