Why won’t my 2017 Ford Fiesta run even after I replaced the accelerator sensor?

About 2wks ago, my check engine light came on. The diagnostic test showed the error code P2135 which is the pedal position sensor. I then replaced the sensor with a brand new one but the problem still persists. Idling and the acceleration is a hit or miss, most likely a miss. There’s a slight cranking noise somewhere in the engine and whenever I start the engine, I heard liquid flushing around. I did some research online and saw that sometimes when you replace parts on cars, you should reset the PCM. So I did just that, unplugged the negative part of the battery for 20mins, reconnected then started the car to no avail. I also bought some fuel injector cleaner today in hopes of it simply being that. Should I give it more time to pass by? Because it’s still not working. What exactly could be the issue? I’m down on my luck right now, please help.

• zipper

One you unplugged the wrong side of the battery, you unplug the positive side not the negative side. The computer is still active so it does not reset.  Some garages will reset it for you by computer for free, some charge.  Now the sounds your hearing, the cooling system has fluid, the crank has an oil bath, You may need to have a new reading taken because the one issue could of covered up another one, and now that second one is popping up.

• Ron

There are at least 4 separate issues that can cause that code to pop. Only one of those is the pedal position sensor. 

Your car is a 2017.... it has a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.  This warranty is transferred to all owners.

You don't have over 60,000 miles on it?

Your check engine light would have been covered... but now that you went and did your own repair you voided the warranty.  Great....

- did you really mean a 2007 car???

Your hope is that it's a 2017, it's still under warranty, and the dealer doesn't figure out that you messed up the car....

You need the drive by wire system reprogrammed.

If you hear something swishing around it means there is air in the cooling system. Take the radiator cap off and check the coolant level.

Your motor should run even if the drive by wore system isn't programmed. The motor should idle but won't accelerate when the gas pedal is pushed.

you may have a bad fuel pump or water in the gas tank. Quit guessing and throwing parts at it. That just wastes money! Time for a mechanic.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

The code does not mean the pedal position sensor is bad.  It means the PCM has detected a wrong correlation between the pedal position voltages and the throttle position voltages when the engine is running and the pedal is pressed. 

You need a dealer level scanner to fix this issue. Could likely be a bad throttle body.  It would be best to get the car towed to a professional mechanic.  If the car is still warranty, take the car to the dealer.  Good luck.