Alex asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

I like cats but I'm allergic to their fur what to do?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Most people are not actual allergy to the cat's fur.  They are allergic to the dandruff that comes off the cats.  That is what gets in their noses and causes the reaction.  You can not breath in fur.

They make medication that you can give your cat that will eliminate the type of dandruff that most people are allergic to.  As long as the cat is on the medication you are not allergic to it.

Even when on the medication they still produce a tiny amount of the dandruff.  many people find that over a few months their body will develop a tolerance to the dandruff and they can reduce or eliminate the medication and are no longer allergic to the cat.  

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It is best if you do not get a cat,otherwise you will be miserable and you would have to take medication for the rest of your life.

• 3 weeks ago

there is an antihistamine pill u may buy at a pharmacy prescription free. there is also allergy treatment I do not know how it is called in English, but they make u get used to allergen slowly. for that u need to visit doctor

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Get a pooch or may be a pet without fur.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

there are a few who DON'T trigger your allergies ....................

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I had a cat for 18 years and I won't get another. I don't miss those tiny hairs sticking to my face.

• 3 weeks ago

Get a goldfish...

• YKhan
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Don't buy one, what else?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.