Alex asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

I like cats but I'm allergic to their fur what to do?

Most people are not actual allergy to the cat's fur.  They are allergic to the dandruff that comes off the cats.  That is what gets in their noses and causes the reaction.  You can not breath in fur.

They make medication that you can give your cat that will eliminate the type of dandruff that most people are allergic to.  As long as the cat is on the medication you are not allergic to it.

Even when on the medication they still produce a tiny amount of the dandruff.  many people find that over a few months their body will develop a tolerance to the dandruff and they can reduce or eliminate the medication and are no longer allergic to the cat.  

• PAMELA

It is best if you do not get a cat,otherwise you will be miserable and you would have to take medication for the rest of your life.

there is an antihistamine pill u may buy at a pharmacy prescription free. there is also allergy treatment I do not know how it is called in English, but they make u get used to allergen slowly. for that u need to visit doctor

Get a pooch or may be a pet without fur.

• Rick

there are a few who DON'T trigger your allergies ....................

• John

I had a cat for 18 years and I won't get another. I don't miss those tiny hairs sticking to my face.

Get a goldfish...

• YKhan

Don't buy one, what else?