Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

Should I get an abortion? ?

I just found out that I’m pregnant. I’m 26 still going to school and very poor. My boyfriend and I don’t make enough to have a child. I know getting the abortion would be the smarter thing to do but part of me really wants to have this baby. I know it will be difficult but I think if we work hard we can’t make it work until our career situation gets better. What do you think is the best option?  Abort and finish school, and build our lives first or have the baby and try to build our lives at the same time? 

I don’t want to offend anyone with my question. This is a very tough decision for me to make. I will be making this decision with my boyfriend. I just want to know what you would do if you were in this situation. If there’s anyone who can give me their advice who has been in this situation.. what did you do? 

Instead of your current circumstances, imagine that you are happily married to your boyfriend, you both have good jobs, and you just bought a house after being married for two years.  You find out you are pregnant and everyone is thrilled!  You give birth to your daughter, and your husband and you decide that you will leave your job for a few years to focus on taking care of her.  Two years after that, your husband is killed in a car accident on the way home from work. Suddenly, you are a single parent and you have no income - you didn't have life insurance on your husband, and you are likely going to lose your house - would your first thought be, "I have to kill my child", or might you, just might you, find a way to move forward together?

In the years that my husband and I have been married and when we were raising our girls, we had times where we had plenty of money and times where we had no money at all.  Even if everything were perfect right now, there is no guarantee things would stay that way.

Whatever you would do in the situation I outlined, do now.  20 years from now, when you look at your child, there is no way that you will regret having her in your life.

• Namito

Instead of your current circumstances, imagine that you married a man you met in your early thirties.  You have a wonderful child and do not worry about the rent or how to pay for health care.  In no way shape or form do I regret that I waited.

• Yes, its the kinder thing to do, keeping it is not doing the right thing, it will be doing the selfish thing, the baby being exemept from the world of pain and poverty is more important than your guilty conscience or anyone elses nonsense about keeping it, they are just brainwashed into what society thinks is right and wrong and too gullible to see it for what it is. Feeling like a good person doesnt make you a good person, getting an abortion is always the right thing to do for a fetus because they will never feel pain or undergo a slow death.

Please please please think about your financial situation before going thru with a pregnancy!!!!! 

How the **** is getting an abortion the smarter choice ? You didn’t even mention putting it up for adoption and letting someone else love and care for their child! Many people like myself that can’t have anymore would love to have a child. But people that just go and have an abortion take away from people that wish they can have a child. It’s selfish. Plus you don’t know what health risks your body can go through having an abortion! Let alone the emotional turmoil you would go through. You don’t just have an abortion and never think about the child that could have been. At least with adoption you know the child has a chance to live. And you could even do a open adoption.  

Visit www.abort73.com before making this decision. I'm pro-choice, but at least consider adoption. As I comment, my 20 year old unemployed friend is giving birth to a baby she's keeping. If she can do it, so can you. Get Pregnant Woman Medicaid, that'll take care of your medical bills, the birth and then you can get the baby medical insurance after they're 2 months old, I believe. You can make it work. Do some research. 

Get an abortion and have another kid later when you can afford it 

• Byrd

Sure have the baby get medicaid food stamps and whatever else you can get the poor taxpayer to pay for.

• If you feel that it would be best, then just do it.

Don't ask us.  Ask your boyfriend.  He's involved.  He's the one who will have to be part of the child's life, or will end up paying child support.  Then decide together what to do.

• Marie

Did you ever think they have already tried to talk about it?  That would be common sense to talk to the boyfriend . Maybe he is of no help so she came on here. Maybe she wants different perspectives

that sounds like a super tough situation. i think that you should keep the baby and try and build your lives at the same time. it will be hard but completely worth it. is there a way you can do school online? what does the bf think about this?