Ford 6.4 Powerstroke crank but no start ?

I am working on a 6.4 Powerstroke and the truck cranks over really good but won’t fire I’ve checked the low fuel pressure pump and it is working and fills the second filter on top of engine then bled the return line on the cooler did get some air so I cycled the Key several times making sure all the air was out. But won’t start still acts like the injectors are not firing. Just seeing if there’s something else I should be looking at. The store on it is that the guy ran it low on fuel said it had may be 20 30 miles lift turned the corner and it died 

And is not throwing any codes

Get a scan tool and check the PIDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFu-73mpSQ

Youtube thumbnail

• J J

I would assume you know little about the way this engine works, hope I can help. This engine has two rails in it and one has the fuel in it and the other has very high oil pressure in it. The engine requires 5000 lbs oil pressure in the oil rail to start, you will need a high pressure gauge to check this first off. Fuel pressure if I remember should be about 40 lbs. There are test plugs you will need to find. You need to test these pressures in order to see what is the problem. There are a few other things that could be the problem but are not something I can get into now so do the pressure checks and if they pass the test get back with that information.

Gotta get to the schooler