How to fix my car problem?

Okay I have a Dodge 2000 Intrepid, a few days ago someone tried to steal my car. They try to peak it from the key ignition and now nothing is turning on. The headlights would not start, car engine, dashboard nothing.

• M.

Do you see that parts are missing?

Yes, of course you do.

So, those parts need to be replaced.

Maybe your battery is dead.

Check it.

Charge it if it's dead.

You need a battery charger with at least 10 amps capacity.

Charge it for 12 hours.

p.s.  Are you interested to fix it yourself?

Start with an "exploded diagram" of what's in the steering column, from a Chrysler dealership parts department.  They will print it for you.

Check whether your city library or nearby junior college library has an online subscription to Alldata.  Look up your exact vehicle, then find how to remove and replace the missing parts.  Alldata gives step-by-step replacement instructions.

Hopefully the parts are available.  If not, you'll have to get the parts from an auto junkyard.  I've done it many times since the 1970s.  You can too!

-General automotive mechanic since 1972

Awww man The Car ignition is totally fried man. Gotta get it fixed before engine explodes.

Who on earth would WANT a 20 year old Intrepid, or for that matter, a NEW one???

• Like I said before these Young people who got no taste want to steal anything if they think they can do it.

The ignition switch needs to be replaced. Also the battery is dead and needs t be charged or replaced.

• M.

Go to Chrysler parts department and ask for a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ignition switch, and see what they give you.

• Ron

Just how do you think it would start without an ignition switch and one coded to they existing key?

Get it towed to a garage.  The key barrel is broken.  Ignition switch could be broken too.  Good luck.

Well, get your car towed.

grab a wrench and go to work