Should I take off my studded tires?

Yeah you know I just drove down to that Epcot center in Orlando from upstate New York l. My boy Barry helped me out those winter studded tires on my car for the winter but then we decided to take a road trip. I don’t want To take the time to take off the studded tires because  we’re only gonna be in Florida for 4 days but Barry says I should. Should I leave those tires on?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Take them off.

Ten states prohibit studded snow tires: Alabama, Texas, Florida, Maryland (exception five mountain counties), Louisiana, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, Mississippi and Wisconsin.

• Kayode3 weeks agoReport

Yeah you know that’s good advice. I like that beard Tom

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 days ago

Take them off. Studded tires tear up a dry road surface. Alabama, Texas, Florida, Maryland (exception five mountain counties), Louisiana, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, Mississippi and Wisconsin all prohibit the use of studded tires. Those states don't normally have enough snow or ice on their roads to justify the use of studded tires.

• 2 weeks ago

Oh yes for sure

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Those tires are illegal in Florida.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It's illegal in most States to use studded tires.

You're going to get hit with a huge fine dude.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Don't feed the troll, folks.

• g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes, it's the law!

• 3 weeks ago

Metal studded tires are prohibited in Florida so you HAVE to take them off to drive legally in the state. Driving with studs on dry pavement damages the road so you shouldn't be using them if there isn't snow/ice, which there will most likely not be in a place like Florida.

• 3 weeks ago

The noise factor alone is reason enough. Fly down. Driving is no vacation. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.