Should I take off my studded tires?

Yeah you know I just drove down to that Epcot center in Orlando from upstate New York l. My boy Barry helped me out those winter studded tires on my car for the winter but then we decided to take a road trip. I don’t want To take the time to take off the studded tires because  we’re only gonna be in Florida for 4 days but Barry says I should. Should I leave those tires on?

Favorite Answer

Take them off.

Ten states prohibit studded snow tires: Alabama, Texas, Florida, Maryland (exception five mountain counties), Louisiana, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, Mississippi and Wisconsin.

• Kayode3 weeks agoReport

Yeah you know that’s good advice. I like that beard Tom

• Edna
    4 days ago

Take them off. Studded tires tear up a dry road surface. Alabama, Texas, Florida, Maryland (exception five mountain counties), Louisiana, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, Mississippi and Wisconsin all prohibit the use of studded tires. Those states don't normally have enough snow or ice on their roads to justify the use of studded tires.

Oh yes for sure

• Poppy

Those tires are illegal in Florida.

It's illegal in most States to use studded tires.

You're going to get hit with a huge fine dude.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Don't feed the troll, folks.

• g

Yes, it's the law!

Metal studded tires are prohibited in Florida so you HAVE to take them off to drive legally in the state. Driving with studs on dry pavement damages the road so you shouldn't be using them if there isn't snow/ice, which there will most likely not be in a place like Florida.

The noise factor alone is reason enough. Fly down. Driving is no vacation.