Yana asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 weeks ago

My little sister hits me, what should I do?

Well so.. I m 16 years old and my sister is 14. Maybe I m the older one but she is taller then me. I went through a lot when I was young. I was bullied in middle school that made me sick for a whole month and it made myself as a person very weak. I went to 3 different highschool s. And my dad left us this year. A lot happened until now and I m sure my mom and sister also have it difficult but this isn t normal.

Since the age of 12-13 she began to hurt me, mostly physically but also mentally. First it where scratches or slaps that didn t hurt much. But then it begun to be worse. She would try to pull out my hair, kick me or hit me repeatedly. It was so bad that at some point I already begun to back away when she putted her hand in the air when we were arguing.

First did my parents came between it. But because I m so weak I always cried and just sat on the ground, waiting till it was over. But then my sister became taller. She didn t listen to my parents at anything they said. She felt confident of herself. And then when she began to hurt me again they didn t stop her. At the end they would lecture her but the next moment she would do it again.

Today she did it again, she kicked me against the fridge that hurted my back very hard. But my mom wasn t here to stop her, so she just continued. I asked what I did wrong but she never gives me a proper answer.

So if you made this far, please could you help me.

(Also sorry for my broken English, I m from Belgium)

• Orla C

Start working out, get stronger. And hit her back, good and hard. That will teach her not to mess with you. 

Lucky you, Belgium has excellent family counseling services that won't cost your mother. So talk to Mom about how your father's departure has affected your sister emotionally. It would be unusual for a parent to leave and for the kids to not exhibit emotional problems like this. You, your sister and mother need to be having regular counseling sessions to adapt to your new reality. Your sister is obviously acting out because she's emotionally damaged.

My little sister was bigger than me when we were growing up, but as the older sister you should know the strength you have dear. I was never afraid of her because I knew her to well. She would bully other kids at her school and when she came home to me and tried to hit me I would kick her butt. Actually worse things and she started to realize I was crazy. Know the fire you have and never let anyone walk over you. It will seem as if your an easy target and they will try it on a daily. I would set her bed on fire or just plain beat her when she started things. 

My point is don't let her keep getting away with it. Fight back. Just cause you are smaller doesn't mean you are weaker. Small people usually pack alot of power.

Good luck to you and on your journey.

Knock her on her behind.  Once she knows you will fight back, and has something to lose, she will think twice before doing it again.  This is the ONLY pass to not raise a hand to a woman, so make it count.

Hit her back...............

• Prince

Catch her asleep. Beat her in the head with a cast iron frying pan. She'll get the message. 

• art

sneak into her room with a baseball bat at night when she is sleeping, and just start hitting her - let all your anger out, after your mum has pulled you away from her tell her that if she ever hits you again then you will wait till she is sleeping and beat her up again - tell her "because you will have to go to sleep some at time and I will be there with my bat again"

• Chae-won

Hikari you sound really nice and you don't do that anyway.

You have two choices:  Keep taking the abuse, or hit back and hit back hard.  There is no third option here.

I was bullied a lot as a kid, so I understand your problem.  I was skinny and terrible at sports, I wasn't very aggressive, and I was quiet.  In summary, I was every bully's perfect victim.  Until I started hitting back, and then it was all different from that day on.

It took a lot for me to grow the balls to stand up for myself.  My parents enrolled me in Kung Fu class (this was back when martial arts were still exotic), and it took months to build up enough confidence to make a stand.  But when I finally decided to fight back, my bullies were overwhelmed.  They had no idea what was coming, and they had no idea how to protect themselves from it.  Then they were afraid of me.

That's how it always works for bullies.  Bullies aren't tough, they just think they're tough because you're afraid of them.  Real tough guys (or girls) don't pick on the weak, because they're always looking for that 'real' challenge.  Look at any champion in competitive fighting:  Did they get anywhere by challenging weaker opponents?  No, they became champions by challenging tougher and tougher opponents.  That's the difference between a real fighter and a bully.  The bully only challenges weaker opponents.

Unless you want to live under your sister's boot for the rest of your life, you have to hit back.  Hard.  You're allowed to hit back in self defence, and make sure you hit back hard.  Throw her to the ground, slap her in the face, thrust her body against the wall, whatever it takes.  Just make sure you put some force behind it, because you need her to understand that you're not afraid anymore.  Once you're not afraid of your bully anymore, all their massive power over you will disappear instantly.

tell the police about it, maybe they'll send her to juvi

Children's can put your sister in a Group Home if she does not stop and your parents are not off the hook.  They did nothing to help. What monsters.  Keep your head girl.