Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 4 weeks ago

Australia is one of Britain's Commonwealth realms, so how soon will next King & Queen, Charles & Camilla, tour Oz after their coronation ?

Will thousands of Aussies come to London for the coronation to share their jubilation with us?

Favorite Answer

Camilla  becomes  Queen  we  will  hold  referendum  the  next  day for a republic

• dj

They will come within the first month so as to meet the five or ten Australians who are interested in the monarchy. 

It is not "Britain's Commonwealth". The Commonwealth of Nations formed from the British Empire but it is now completely independent of Britain. British countries are just members of the Commonwealth. The current Head of the Commonwealth is the Queen but it is not a hereditary title. Although Charles is performing all the duties of Head of the Commonwealth for the Queen, when she dies, there is no guarantee he will be asked to continue. That is up to the Commonwealth.

The new King and Queen of Australia will visit Australia as our King and Queen, not as anything to do with the Commonwealth. I would expect them to visit within a year of the coronation just as the Queen did in 1954.

No-one needs to travel to London for the coronation, they will get a much better view of it on live TV at home.

Aussies are broke.

The Australian economy is stagnating.

We are going cashless as well. 

So we won't have to print new currency.

They won't besides my bet is Harry and Megan probably poison half of the royal family so they can rule and sell U.K to Aids. I meant Africa. My humble opinion.

I vote for Prince Phillip to tour first accompanied by Prince Andrew. 

Who knows and who cares. They're old and the monarchy is obsolete in many people's opinion. I doubt many would travel there for the coronation, only those with nothing better to do with their time and money.