lana asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

Drug test for job.. Xanax/marijuana. ?

Hello all...

I have two job interviews coming up. I know they’ll be doing drug tests. Im nervous I won’t pass. 

I had an old bottle of Xanax and took three 0.5mg pills between 9/2019-10/30/19. 

I also have medical marijuana (my card expired 11/11). I would take maybe a total of 3-4 hits of the vaporizer pen per WEEK at most. I stopped using it three weeks ago and have not had any at all since. 

Will I pass the drug test if I take it next week? I know weight matters so I am 5’6 230 pounds)

I guess its possible you'll pass, but its doubtful. I don't understand why someone trying to get a job continue to use drugs.

• lana4 weeks agoReport

As I said everything used was prescribed by a doctor. 

• Bill

The Xanax is probably long gone. You can buy a weed only test at a drug store or Walmart and check it yourself before they test you. Don’t bring it up in conversation. If you flunk their test, explain that you haven’t used any in X weeks and, when you did, you had a medical card and reason to do so. 

• Adam D

Your marijuana use seems low enough that you will likely pass since you haven't used it for several weeks.  Having a prescription in a state where marijuana isn't relevant to employment - it is still illegal in the eyes of the federal government, so an employer doesn't have to recognize it as medication.

They can only detect the things they're looking for.  It is highly unlikely that they are checking for Xanax.