Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Who is worse, Nixon or Trump (NO CARTER VOTES ALLOWED)?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Ok no Carter but Clinton then.

• 3 weeks ago

Beyond illegal acts and Impeachment Hearings, they have absolutely nothing in common. Starting with an additional 75-100 I.Q. points, Nixon was a brilliant political strategist both on a domestic and geo-political level who played 3 dimensional Chess with China and the Soviet Union/Russia neither of which Trump could have found on a Children's Globe.  Also, Nixon had domestic achievements such as; passage of the Clean Water Act and creation of the EPA which ironically Trump and his appointees have been determined to dismantle. 

Yes, he was paranoid to the point of delusion, but, unlike Trump, Nixon could think about things other than himself. 

Since he was woefully inadequate and ill-suited for the Presidency, a more applicable comparison might be the Harding Adminstration. But, unlike Trump, Harding not only realized his limitations but he was concerned about the effect it could have on the country. Another difference between he/Trump, while members of his cabinet/administration were corrupt, he personally was NOT.  

The answer is Trump--there has been nothing like him before and let's pray there won't be again.           

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Ok no Carter but Clinton then. 

• 3 weeks ago

Both were cheaters who believed the law didn't apply to them.  Both were very secretive, figuring their administrative actions were none of the public's business. (Nixon competes with Most Secretive President with GW Bush).  Anyway, in those things they're about equal, I think.

But Nixon didn't do his crimes to enrich himself, as Trump did.  He did them to advance his political agenda.  Also Nixon did some good things!  He enlarged the National Park system, signed EPA and OSHA into law, and he might be the last president to balance the budget (or at least he came damn near).  He even had a plan for universal-coverage health care, interrupted by Watergate.  I can't think of anything good Trump has done.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Definately Carter.

• Stan
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Both are equally corrupt but Nixon was smarter. Some might say that makes Nixon more dangerous. Some argue the opposite.

• 3 weeks ago

Chump, at least Nixon did not collude with foreign governments.

• 3 weeks ago

Trump...tiny hands down.

• Thomas
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Trump is by far worse in your regard. Nixon caused me to depart from the Republican Party as the '60s were coming to a close. However, I want to thank Nixon for not being as corrupt to the extent of Trump. Unlike Nixon, most of Trump's administration have either pleaded guilty or been convicted of crimes and are sitting in federal prison or probation/parole.

As a matter of fact, Nixon was never impeached, neither the House or the Senate even planned on setting impeachment regulations toward him because he resigned as soon as possible. Trump is about to undergo an impeachment process.  

• 3 weeks ago

Nixon was worse. But at least he cared about America. Unlike Trump.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.