Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

I'm insecure in my relationship, he's 25 and I'm 35 how do I get over this?

His family including mine has made comments about our age difference and that hurts me. Now that I'm 6 months pregnant by him I've been feeling even more insecure. Before my pregnancy I had a nice body and flat stomach and could pass for 28 so I didn't care too much. Now that I'm pregnant and gained weight I feel old and fat even though I am determined and I will lose the weight gain. But I've seen him looking at girls his age online and in real life, it hurts and makes me feel bad. I just can't wait to get my body back maybe I'll feel a little less old and attractive again. But no matter what I'll always be 10 years older than him. It's so hard to get over this.

• Vicki

Honestly, just hang in there. The hormones and whatnot can make you feel very insecure. It can make you feel worse about the weight gain. As for the age, age really doesn't matter? Ignore everyone, it's none of their business. If it makes you happy, and you're in love, what difference does it make?

A confident, self-assured woman wouldn't react this way, but you are. So i'm going to assume you need to do some work on yourself. And always did

Well, you are pregnant now and he wants to be single. Grow the heck little man or should I say, boy.  He knew what he wanted and he had it but now there is a child involved.   He better take ownership.  Yeah I get it, it takes two to tango,  but you are being used.  Your age becomes an issue now and it wouldn't be if he didn't have unprotected sex.  Hey boy,  you suck. Hey mama you are amazing!!

well that's life right there. the human body ages and same goes for him too. insecurity will always exist in your life along with your relationship. just work on your self and be happy with your baby. 

also im also with a guy who is younger than me but I don't care if he stares at girls his age or whatever cause I know I will always be who I am.

• Alpha

You are insecure because you FINALLY realized what you gotten into and with whom. The time for soul searching was before you got pregnant and now it's not just yours but your child's future in the balance.

You want to stop being insecure? Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about your child because you are not getting off this train ride for the next 18 years.

You have two different issues:

Your self esteem and relationship with your body.

Your bf's actions: looking at women online and not setting and enforcing boundaries with his family.

You can talk to your bf and let him know you need him to be better.

But you need to realise you chose this guy knowing he was younger. That ship has sailed. You are older. So what?

Embrace your age because you sound like if you were 20.

• Linda

That is a lot of age difference but I have a friend who is 38 and married to a man almost 60 and they have 3 kids. It could still work and with you being pregnant and about to deliver, I advise you to talk with him and ask him if he wants to save this relationship and what he wants but do not put up with him looking and talking to other girls online which is the main problem here and not your age difference.

• Dave

You should be, you're a grown woman dating a child.