Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Anyone find "black Friday" offensive and racist?

• CAB

Not at all, no.

• No, not really hun.

No because I'm not an idiot

I don't find it racist, however I DO find it ridiculous. Why would I want to camp overnight in freezing temperatures, in front of a store I'd be embarrassed to be seen at, just so I can buy a hideous, tacky, inflatable snow glob that's 10% off? I'll pass on that.

I hope not, especially since it has nothing to do with race. Black Friday refers to an attempt by retailers to sell enough merchandise that they end up "in the black" (a term that means making money).

Not offensive or racist, but odd to use a word that usually denotes something negative like 'The Black Death', 'Millions of people died in the blackest day of history', etc

Just the word “black” on something gets your panties in a bunch?

Maybe it should be called Green Friday?   After all, it about spending money.

• Bill B

Of course not.  "In the black " is a positive thing.

Yes, for sure. It's blatant discrimination to the other days of the week.

Why isn't there a black Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday? Whoever came up with the Holiday completely disregarded the other days of the week.

So much racism!