Is it considered "racist" to not like Pitbulls?

I don't have a problem with dogs, it's the breed I have a problem with because Pitbulls were bred for illegal blood sports like bull baiting, bear baiting and later dog fighting and killing. It's all in their natural instinct. They are responsible for more human attacks and fatalities than all the other dog breeds combined.

No, it is NOT racist.  You have good reasons for not liking pit bulls and it's not just because of the color of their fur.  Pit bulls were - and still are -bred for ruthless aggression.  Many pit bulls are now being used for hog hunting where pit bulls will attack a wild hog and hold it until the hunter arrives.  This is eerily similar to their original function as bull baiters.  They were never nanny dogs or family pets and people who claim they are are doing a disservice to the breed.  Many children have been mauled or killed because their parents bought into the nanny dog or family dog myth.  It's terribly sad.

is pit-bull a race now? if so, then that's the one I'm using from now on

Yes. It is very racist.

Only black, Hispanic, Jewish and Islamic pitbulls. 

**** dem ******* bruh, ohh wait

no they not being human me little pleb. now please give the brain back to the poor rocking horse

I prefer other dogs than pit bulls.  

It generalizing, but it's not racist just like it's not racist if someone says they don't like border collies.

Words have actual definitions.

Pitbulls were not bred for illegal blood sports.  Nor were they bred for bull baiting, bear bating, or dog fighting and killing.  It is NOT their natural instinct to go pick a fight, especially with bears that would use them like Scooby Snacks.  Pitbulls are the product of selective breeding between the Bulldog and the rat terrior, the rat terrior having been bred to kill rats, and bulldogs for herding and catching hogs, bulls, and other such large animals, NOT for the purpose of killing them, but for the purpose of protecting flocks, farms, and the people who live on them and work them.  

It is also not true that pitbulls are responsible for more human attacks and fatalities than any other breed.  That honor actually goes to Labrador Retrievers. 

Furthermore, there are an awful lot of people who confuse pitbulls with a whole host of other similar looking dogs that don't have any pit in them at all, like the American Bulldog.  Just because a dog *looks* like a pit doesn't mean it is a pit. 

Some people use pitbulls for fighting because some people are evil.  Bull baiting and bear bating also are not legal in this country, so anyone using a pit, or any other type of dog, is doing so illegally.  Hardly the fault of the dog that his evil owner would use and abuse him thus. 

Where I live, some fool up and decided all on his own that he would bring it to our legislature and have pitbulls banned.  The police then went into people's homes, without warrants, without due process, without even a "please," and confiscated -- STOLE -- family pets who had never had a bite incident, nor any negative incident -- removed those dogs and killed them all, simply because they "looked" like pits. Tens of thousands of dogs were euthanized for no reason at all -- oh, except for the fact that ignorant people who don't know what they're talking about, say stupid things like "Pitbulls attack and kill more people than any other breed."  It's just not true. 

And no, I don't have a pitbull.  I used to have one a long time ago, and I loved her very much.  She not only saved my baby from certain death one day, but she also cried her little puppy heart out until I went outside in the dark of night and found the abandoned kitten, hounded me to wake me up for that little kitten's 3:00 a.m. feeding, and even went so far as to offer her own non-existent milk to feed that little kitty she loved so much.  She lay on her side and exposed her teets trying to feed that little kitten. 

Your assertions are simply not true.  Disliking pits does not make you racist.  But do some reading and learn about them before you accuse an entire breed of being the devil incarnate.

• Most of your answer was absolutely correct. You could've left out the fifth paragraph though. I'm not saying I don't believe you. It's just the way you put it that made you seem a bit ignorant.

No it’s not racist

It's extremely breedist.. oh but also i think the German Shepherd has the highest fatality stats, where as the common Labrador retriever has higher bite stats

• No I didnt, I was the one using "breedist"  mockingly you clueless tw at, it pains me that idiots like you have access to the vote buttons on here