Ex employer wants me to come back because old company is doing very bad without me?

How do I stop feeling guilty that I quit my old job which, honestly made me not want to go to work sometimes?

Ex boss is begging me to come back or work part time, should I work one day a week for them? My replacement is not doing a good job and they have to send me texts or calls every day.

• YKhan

Ask for a raise at the very least. Maybe some strict time limits too, so that you don't end up working overtime too much.

Send them a singing telegram with all the instructions and the meaning of life hidden within:

• Personally, I wouldn't go back to a place that I didn't want to work for. 

You shouldn't feel guilty, it's up to your replacement to do the job now. If they're not doing well with the job, then your ex boss should terminate them and find some one else that can do the job. You have to do what's right for you. Also I don't think they would let you work one day a week, part time would be a better way to go if you want to go back. 

Just let it go if you don't want to go back. Tell them you have to stop answering their texts / calls because you don't work there any more. Don't feel guilty and try to move on.

• Don G

Consider part time, but at an hourly rate that is double what you earned before. You are worth it.

That's entirely up to you.  I'm a little confused that you've left this job but apparently don't have a new one -- thus your availability to work for them part-time. The key here is that you wrote that the job basically made you miserable.  Has anything changed?

As others have noted:

1.  This is totally your decision

2.  You have no reason to feel guilty if you gave notice

3.  Their business problems are not your problems

4.  You have the advantage here, so if you do choose to go back, negotiate for a salary/wage and working conditions that would make you happier. 

• Judy

Assuming you gave at least 2 weeks notice, you have no reason to feel guilty. But if you like your old boss, you could offer to work a few hours a week for them if it fits into your schedule.

• Kyle

people come and people go.  some will be good some won't be.  that's just nature of business.  you need to focus on you and what's best for career goals.  not sticking around due to pity.  i would block their phone number and not worry about it.  

If they offer you a ton of money, sure. 

I like the other suggestion to ask for your boss's job.  Contact the owner if you know them and mention whats going on.  You dont work there anymore anyway, can't hurt. 

Tell your boss's boss you'll come back if you can have your boss's job.   Obviously the company is managed beyond badly if losing one employee means things fall apart and the company performance suffers.    This is a management failure. 

not your problem. They treated you poorly to the extent you didn't want to go into work and you feel guilty now?