Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Will local anaesthetic being applied on penis hurt?

getting a cyst removed from the side of my penis head in 2 weeks and scared about the injections pain

Yup, it'll hurt. But it's only for a moment and it isn't all that terrible.

• Sky

A topical anesthetic is typically used first to numb the skin so more anesthetic can be injected at a shallow depth to numb the rest.  It's like how the dentist applies topical novocaine to the gums with a cotton swab before injecting more novocaine to fully numb things before yanking your teeth out.

The needles are not that big.

It will hurt when they inject it.

tell the doc you want a sedative via

a canola in the palm of your hand

that will knock you out for an hour

this procedure is done for colonoscopy

and endoscopy

I'm sure you'll live

I am certain that the doctor will use anesthetic to perform the procedure, especially since the penis is such a sensitive area of the body.

As I told you last time... it will feel like a wasp/bee sting then it will go numb, much like how it happens with dental work or receiving stitches.

Simply inform the doc that you are experiencing anxiety over the pain you might feel and he/she will do everything they can to minimize your pain and stress.

What I find odd is that you have not already discussed this with your doctor. The sooner you do so the better.

Also, you should shift your thinking away from the few seconds of pain you might feel to looking forward to finally being free of this cyst, which probably has been bothering you for some time.

I know I would trade 10 seconds or so of pain for a lifetime of relief ANY day!

That small, fleeting amount of pain will save you from more severe pain from the surgery.