Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

he said 'love you' ?!?

THIS IS ALL OVER TEXT BY THE WAY!!!

i really like this guy, we've been talking for 6 months (we have moments a lot but we're nothing more than friends as of now) and a week ago he said as i was leaving 'ok bye love you' and he seemed embarrassed to say it as he was like 'please dont remember this by morning' - oops - I WAS SO HAPPY! then on saturday night i said it before i left and he said 'ok love you too' - AND I WAS HAPPY AGAIN - and last night i was going to bed and he says 'oh -my name-' and i said 'what?' and he said 'love you'

IS THIS IN A FRIEND WAY HELP ME I GET BUTTERFLIES EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT HIM SAYING THIS BUT IDK IF IM GETTING MY HOPES UP OVER NOTHING. WHAT IS THIS??

he didnt say it by accident by the way, he said it, hoped i wouldnt see it, then i asked him about what it said and he didn't wanna tell me because it was mushy. i then eventually got him to say it and yeah. 

I hate to say it, but I don't think this is as serious as the words seem to imply.  If he said he loved you and then you seemed happy then the obvious next stage would be asking you out if he was romantically interested, but that hasn't happened.

'Love you' could also be read rather differently than 'I love you.'  If he's not asking you out, I would more interpret it as 'dear friend' than 'romantic partner'.

He may just be taking his own sweet time about it, but I wouldn't get too enthusiastic just yet, if i were you.  This may turn out to be less than you hope.

I have a very close male friend and we love each other. Can't measure love. Just be happy you're loved. If it's going to evolve into something more than a good friendship, it will.

• Juana

Ask him what you are. It's as simple as that.

• Linda

He is in love with you. Believe it!

It was a mistake, he's probably used to talking on the phone to family or a significant other.