Zx asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 3 weeks ago

What do you think of multi-generation households?

Me neighbour and his 3 children and his parents all live together under one roof. They are Sri Lankan. I think it’s so lovely. What do you think about multi-generational households? Would you ever want to live this way if you have enough space in your home?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

They are a good idea and help save the planet's resources. Extended family is vitally important amongst most peoples, except in the decadent and wasteful West where the cult of individuality has ruined everything.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It happens regularly in Italy...works well for the whole family...

• Biff
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

When I was young my gran lived with us but that is unusual in Western countries nowadays. I moved away from home when I got married and our son moved to another part of the country to get the sort of job he wanted

• 3 weeks ago

Sounds like a Tory-topia, everyone squashed in like sardines whilst a handful of squllionaires own 99.99% of the land, one Tory doner for every million hectares!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • I think it's depressing and irritating. 

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think this idea is lovely too - look after elderly relatives, lots of built in baby sitters, a large family.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.