Read Exodus 21: 22, 23. Notice the consequence for carelessly terminating a person not yet fully developed. What was the consequence?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Athena
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[e] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.

• larry3 weeks agoReport

Thank you.
      Verse 22 was for civil penalties for non-death application.I asked about “terminating” the child which is answered in verse 23. It was the death penalty!If God required the death penalty for carelessly killing the unborn baby, what does he require for “intentionally” killing it today?

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Religious questions go in religion and spirituality.

• larry3 weeks agoReport

Please, read the verses I cited, then, answer the question.
      I asked about “terminating” the child, answered in verse 23. It was the death penalty!If God required the death penalty for carelessly killing the unborn baby, what does he require for “intentionally” killing it today? The death penalty.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Read Leviticus. If you aren't willing to follow every single order in that book, you don't get to pick out one you like and only try to use it against people. Same for all the other books.

Attachment image
    • larry3 weeks agoReport

When Jesus died, he fulfilled the Mosaic Law Covenant of over 600 laws. Those laws no longer are a requirement for Jews or non-Jews. The two new laws (Matthew 22:36-40) are (1) Love God with whole heart, soul, and mind, and (2) Love your neighbor as yourself. These two replace the 10 commandments.

• 3 weeks ago

Watson and Crick and their electron microscope work with recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid is in the Bible's description of "the moment of conception." So helpful.

• larry3 weeks agoReport

What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with my question. Are you playing some game?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

And yet we have stuff like Psalm 137:9.... almost like the Bible is contradictory and not a basis for government at all.

• larry3 weeks agoReport

Sorry for not numbering the three texts properly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.