Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

“It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pieg satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.” ?

Explain John Stuart Mill’s claim. Do you agree with him? Why or why not?

“Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.” - William Faulkner

You mean pig? I think pigs and fools are underrated. The only reason I'm attached to society and its nonsense is because I'm too afraid and incapable of surviving without it. I want to be like a Zen monk without a mind and memory and just forget the world; the world is unending ignorance and corruption that will never be satisfying.

pieg?...........

Satisfaction leads to complacency and stagnation. Dissatisfaction leads to progress and evolution. Wanting something more than what you already have is what has propelled humanity towards the achievements that it has reached.