Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

Am I just a loner? Or am i just picky with people in my life ?

I'm 27 years old. But many of the young people my age I dont have much in common. I dont like being around people who Smoke Cigarettes. I hate Rap Music. Most people I know have a mutt in the house. I dont care for dogs that much, they too smelly and loud. Yet I get lonely half of time and want more people in my life but I cant seem to find many friends without those 3 things I dislike. Maybe I'm just better off alone. But life gets boring after a while doing things by yourself. I'm confused about my social life. Not sure what I should do with this kinda struggle? 

Make a list of the activities, intellectual or physical, that you enjoy and join a club or an organization.

Widening your social circle will allow you to meet a greater variety of people so that you can connect with like minded people.

You have a bad attitude towards people in general. If you accept others in this world as imperfect human beings then you meet a lot of people. Are you better than those who you describe in your question? If you get rid of that chip on your chip shoulder  then you might see the good side of common people.

i advise going to a christian church, help out and get involved there.

You may be a loner.

Just get some hobbies.

That should help.

You are using those things as an excuse to explain why you are so lonely.  The cigarettes, the rap, the pet dogs...   All of them are crutches you lean on so you do not have to face the fact that you are involuntarily asocial.  You are more comfortable saying "Oh, she had a dog..." or "Nice guy, but he is a rap fan" than owning up to the fact that these people do not seek or encourage friendship from you.  

What you have to do is look carefully at yourself and understand and remedy those aspects of your personality that make it impossible for you to find friends.

You'd better find out something to do before you're old as me and alone because you can't stand morons and losers.

Other people are picky