Chelsey asked in HealthOptical · 4 weeks ago

Should I open up a new set of contacts?

I accidentally slept in them last night and I usually open up a new set of contacts

but I only have one set left. I’m wearing the contacts i slept in right now and they don't feel as good or as clear. 

First of all, you should never sleep in your contacts because it can get you some eye diseases or worse. Second of all, you should change your contacts if it doesn't feel good or clear, don't take your chances!

• Sky

When I wear contacts I keep them in for up to 2 weeks at a time, including sleeping with them in.  When I wake up my vision is blurry from protein deposits and other crap on the contacts, so I just use a drop of contact lens rewetting drops in each eye.  It cleans the lenses and clears up my vision instantly.  So, if your contacts don't feel god and don't give you clear vision after sleeping with them in, use rewetting drops instead of putting in a new set.  The brand I'm currently using is Blink.  I don't recommend Clear Eyes for Contacts because that stuff gave me a salty burn in my eyes.

Note:  if the lenses feel very uncomfortable and scratchy, take them out and inspect them closely.  I once had a lens get a tiny split in the edge, which felt like a big eyelash was trapped under it until I pulled the lens out.