nicolefpink asked in HealthOptical · 3 weeks ago

Is Dry Eyes Supposed to cause blurred vision? How to get rid of it & how long does it take to go away?

I wore blue contact lenses once for Halloween from a costume shop which were by Eyewear. Just 2 days after my eyes started to go blurry and I felt like I needed my glasses more than often although I am short sighted and wear glasses. 

I went to the opticians and they that I have dry eyes in both eyes and have given me drops to use for 10 days saying it’s clear away on it’s own.

It’s been 2 weeks and after the dry eyes my eyes are still dry as my vision is blurred. I mean it’s fine when I wear the glasses but without them it’s really blurry and just from not wearing I get headaches from eye strain.

For people who have suffered dry eyes. Is this supposed to happen and how long does it take to clear up or is it going to be a permanent thing?

I just feel I spoilt my eyes wearing costume contact lenses.

Will my eyes get back to normal soon?

• Linda

I have wore colored contacts bf and it does irritate the eyes and makes the eyes more sensitive and dry but it should not cause blurred vision. It it continues, have your optometrist examine your eyes carefully and ask them what you should do. But i don't think you ruined them from wearing those contacts just one time.