TGB asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

What is it with people saying "Okay Boomer" lately? Is it a reflection of how dumb people are nowadays?

66 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Okay,   boomer.

• 3 weeks ago

The phrase "OK Boomer" is a pejorative retort used to dismiss or mock perceived narrow-minded, outdated, negatively-judgemental, or condescending attitudes of older people, particularly baby boomers - Wikipedia

Source(s): wikipedia
  • 3 weeks ago

Gen Z (teenagers) started saying it because they can see who misguided and incompetent the boomers are.  The boomers (knowing everything and being beyond criticism) got mad at Millenials again (the people paying their social security). The boomers want the have the term declared hate speech (because they are not snowflakes). All is well in America!

• 3 weeks ago

Lol. It's just the younger generations trying to make baby boomers feel bad about themselves. Typical generation gap stuff that's been going on for decades. Younger generations are always making fun of the oldies. I wonder what the future generations are going to say about the millennials.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zack
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I see a lot of people saying that to older people who complain about younger generations being dependent on their parents, not having bought something (ex: a house) at their age, doing something they don't like, etc. Boomers could buy things a lot cheaper back then, so when they mock younger generations for being dependent on their parents at their age or not having bought a house yet, the younger person will say "Ok, boomer!"

• 3 weeks ago

I don't know it sounds dumb

• 4 weeks ago

OKAY BOOOOMMMEERRRRR lol

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Basically, "you're older than me. Therefore your opinion doesn't matter"

• Andrew S3 weeks agoReport

You are on the right track but there is more too it.  The "bomber" generation really had it easy and can't see it. They were give endless options but wasted a lot of great opportunities and did not accomplish much. Despite this they still think the know everything and everyone else is wrong.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It means something like "you don't know what you're talking about", like how electric cars work ("I can just plug it into any outlet, right?").

• 4 weeks ago

You misinterpret. "Boomer Sooner" is a nickname of the University of Oklahoma and the abbreviation for Oklahama is OK. So someone who says "OK Boomer" is just identifying themself as student or alum of the there.

• Is your name Stretch? Because you sure are stretching for an explanation

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.