Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 3 weeks ago

I feel so stupid ?

So every job I've had someone has always commented on how slow I am not mentally physically I just think there's nothing out there for me I feel so negative towards myself I'm 24 and I can't even hold down a job the jobs have been in fast food btw 

False. Worry about self. And they prolly were their own projections 

There are few people who don't have some innate talent they could gestate into a fulfilling job. You may not be a mental giant but perhaps he have a big heart and would enjoy working with children or the elderly. You could be artistic and take pride in doing something creative. Don't limit your options to just fast food because likely there's something you're really good at that you're just ignoring.

• y

I spent a decade or so in food and retail management. I have seen a lot of people come and go over that time. Many, like yourself, that just don't fit in that world.  While it isn't brain surgery, it still requires a certain skill set, mentality, and physical speed. Those that believe just anyone can do that type of work effectively, properly. Are clueless about the industry. Some of the kids that I know, that couldn't cut it, excelled in other fields as life went along. So, that area is not for you, start looking in other places. Retail may be a fit where food wasn't. Trades may be your fit, who knows. Instead of bashing yourself for trying to conform to something that does not fit, keep looking elsewhere. I was 27 or 28 when I went back to school, it is never too late.