Is drinking pepsi zero suger ok for type ll diabetic it has aspartame in it ?

You'll be fine. It has no sugar, therefore it's healthy. Trust me, I live in a hospital.

Aspartame is a dangerous substance. Google it.

There are other soft drinks which contain stevia or erythritol or even sucralose. Try those. Zevia is one, Bai drinks are another. There are more. Read labels.

My friend's mother died of brain complications because of aspartame. Her death was horrifying

I'd try to avoid all soft drinks, regular or diet. Flavored seltzer water may be better. Or good old fashioned water.

No.

The brain is wired to recognize a sweet taste as a source of incoming calories. When you eat food containing sugar it readies itself to process the calories contained in that food.

With artificial sweeteners (even Stevia) the brain picks up on the sweetness and readies itself to process the calories that it thinks will follow.

When no calories arrive at the party, the brain then activates the hunger response to get the "promised" calories from food, resulting in overeating.

While diabetics should avoid sugar as much as possible, the sugar contained in soft drinks is used up rather quickly as compared to the raised blood sugar associated with artificial sweetener.

It won't cause your glucose to go up, but it WILL cause your insulin to go up.  You are better off drinking cold water and forget the flavorings and sweeteners.  The only sweetener I have heard of that won't stimulate an insulin reaction or make your blood glucose go up is stevia.

• audrey

Aspartame is fine for diabetics. Just don't drink gallons of it. It leads to diarrhea in some sensitive people.

There is no sugar, so it's okay for a diabetic to drink. However that crap will rot the stomach out of you. But it wont change your blood sugar.

No. Aspartame has over 80 associated symptoms from it's use

It won’t cause your glucose to go up but artificial sugar isn’t exactly the best thing for anyone. I think there was a recent research that says that artificial sugar drinks causes people to gain weight. As you know, gaining weight causes your glucose to increase.