How to change oneself?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Have patience and persistence. If you keep a journal, make note of your failures but don't elaborate on them. Dwell on your successes, the small ones as well as the big ones. Don't expect perfection. Have a clearly defined goal with a series of reasonable objectives that lead to it. When you achieve your goal, define another one and go about reaching it. 

An important aspect of motivation, perhaps the most important, is knowing how to get started on a task that you don't feel like doing. If you know this, there's almost nothing you can't do.  

If a task seems like it's too big, think of it as a series of tasks that you can take on one at a time, and start with something really, really easy. Cleaning - start by cleaning for 3 or 4 min and take a 5 min break.

A famous psychiatrist said that when we can't control our feelings we can still control our muscles. If you tell your arms and legs to do something, they will obey.

Try this when it seems that you're too tired to work. Lie on the couch, close your eyes, and get ready to work by imagining yourself working for 5 minutes.

• Dejair
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Desiring and working to that in the imperfect material world .

• 3 weeks ago

Well, no matter what one does, one is one's self, but one is never exactly as one was previously, so change is omnipresent. To find the answer to your question you have to figure out what it means to you. What change is it that you want? To become what you want to be, calculate the action that you think will best achieve your aim, and perform it.

• small
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Everyone keeps changing all the time, bit by bit, but the process is rarely self controlled... changing oneself by design and intent is tough because it requires one to go against the natural tide. The stock answer would be to have focus and strong determination..... I would say it eventually depends on how badly you truly want to change.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You do not have to do anything to change totally, just know how to listen.

how many hours you listen to and how deep you do it.

Total the important people I have known in my life, if I can say something of them. It's that they knew how to listen. !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwgv2SlX0q0

Youtube thumbnail

• 3 weeks ago

By acknowledging your faults and weaknesses, your fears and desires, for when you become aware of them, for when you are able to put them into words, only then, only when you know who you are, will you be able choose differently.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.