WhatsApp checks ?

I have messaged someone. And the checks went to two within seconds. But they have stayed on two checks for a day, but they are randomly going back to one check, and then will be back at two again. Does anyone know why this is happening? 

I am not blocked because I added this person to a group, but it is so unlike this person not to read my messages right away. But they keep going back and forth between two and then one check. 

Any idea!?? 

Ask "this person" why they are not reading your messages?  Perhaps the person's hubby or wifey start phone checks and "this person" has been banned from you.  Otherwise stop sweating it and pick up the phone and call "this person" and ASK them.

I don't use Whatapp so don't know what you mean by checks, but I do use Facebook Messenger. When it runs in the background on my phone or computer it can give false alerts that I'm active online or reading messages. We know this because it's happened a few times, I've been in the hospital twice this year & saw from looking at my husband's phone that it said I was active when I was just laying in the hospital bed not even using my phone. So don't trust everything you see on apps.