What do I do about this ticket?

I recently crashed my car. I live in California and a few weeks prior to the accident, I received a ticket for not having my front license plate on. Now, I don't know what to do about the ticket since my car is at my grandfather's to get fixed. Does the ticket get dismissed? Do I still have to pay a fee?

1 week ago

These two events are not related.

Pay the ticket.

The ticket and the crash are 100% legally UNRELATED issues.

The ticket doesn't get dismissed.

• Bruce

The officer that wrote the ticket does not know you were in an accident.. You still need to take care of the ticket. 

• STEVEN F

Neither the officer or the court CARE about the crash, at least not in relation to the ticket.

• ?

You still have to pay the ticket, even if you dont currently have the car. It doesnt go away just because the car is out of action.

• Will

You still have to pay the ticket. Just because you're a terrible driver and wrecked doesn't excuse you from the ticket for a missing license plate.