Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 weeks ago

Why do people try to say gifted children, high IQ, are mentally retarded and "slower than others" at certain subjects? Can ppl not accept?

That they're intelligent kids? 

Also, talking about children who go to schools for the "gifted". Why are they treated differently, in a way that people try to say they're autistic and mentally retarded? How does a high IQ mean that? Of course no human performs as well in certain areas than others. I don't believe they should be treated as if they're "slower" because of it. Most common word heard used to describe it, "slow". It makes no sense. People just can't admit when someone's smart.

Have heard this all over the place for years. Not just one source. I'm concerned that children are being mistreated because of it.

Personalized gifts for kids https://majesticoo.com

I never heard of this before.

I think you read things on the internet.

I don't know where you're getting your information from. Most children don't have the mental push or motivation at young ages to do well. If they enjoy doing something, they'll get really good at it. Schools only teach so many subjects so you only have so many children doing well. So long as a child even if disliking math of languages can get decent grades in those subjects, they then just need to figure out what they want to do in life.

• Satan

Never heard that before - sounds more like sour grapes from people who are not 'gifted' but 'special in their own unique way'