? asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

Does the permanently delete conversation history on Facebook Messenger delete it so the other person cannot see it, or just you?

the permanently delete conversation history feature, I meant

Does anyone know, if answering? Thanks.

Hitting delete posts the conversation to the internet where everyone can see it. 

• ?2 weeks agoReport

In that case your being bummed will be shown to the world lol

A very long time ago it worked that way where you could clear the convo history and it would do it for the both of you (7-8 years ago). Now however this feature has been removed and instead you can delete messages if you manage to delete them 15 mins after you've sent them to someone.

You can do this by holding or selecting the message and clicking "Remove for everyone" if it had exceeded 15 mins it'll only display a "Remove for you" option.

Alternatively if you've made a big mistake that can't be deleted. You can report your message however this may take a few hours or even up to 48 hours for moderation to remove the message. Reporting the message isn't a guarantee removal however I've tried this before as a test and it worked.

If you delete, it deletes it just for you.

I do not delete and have not seen others delete