Hubble Age of the Universe?

Compute the Hubble age of the universe assuming H = 75 km/s/Mpc.

I think I have to use the equation: v = H0d.

Do I just solve for d?

Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You could use a math tutor. Besides, Huble had a brain fart coming up with this odd equation that defy's all known physics.

All energy perishes over time you don't get more out that what is put in and acceleration takes energy.

We have learned much since Hubble, even his telescope has found galaxies at 39.4 billion light years, that can only mean the universe is nothing less than 39.4 billion years old times 2 if the universe expanded at the speed of light. Yea, one shiitload older than is thought.

• 4 weeks ago

There's a good explanation here - https://www.e-education.psu.edu/astro801/content/l...

As Tic-Tac-Toe said, it's the inverse of H0, but don't forget the unit conversion!

• 4 weeks ago

So a rough estimate of the age of the universe comes from the Hubble time, the inverse of the Hubble parameter. With a value for around 68 km/s/Mpc, the Hubble time evaluates to = 14.4 billion years.

Source(s): The internet
    • daniel g
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

LOL,,now that is a joke,,right. The solar system is that old, perhaps more.

• 4 weeks ago

You have to cancel out that per Megaparsec term before yo can solve for d. The Hubble constant is NOT a velocity, an it it is NOT CONSTANT. Unless you know what H0 is, you font have enough information with the CURRENT velocity.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.