Anonymous

Is it considered time spent with parent if mother works night shifts? ?

My child's mother is working night shifts and I have morning shift we have 50/50 time spent with child but if the mother is not spending time with the child during her work week is that still considered 50/50? My child is taken care of by her mothers relative when instead she can be with me.

I believe the mom would have liked her daughter to be with her father while she's at work instead of a relative, she is currently seeking child support.

I would like her mother to spend time with her child when she actually can be there but I am just asking if she's not available to physically be there is it considered as time spent with child?

This is something you could go to court to complain about certainly. But at night the child is supposed to be asleep so no sane judge is going to ding your ex for that. Chances are the reason she works at night is so she can spend her days or afternoons with the child.

• Alan H

Discuss this with the relevant authority 

I suppose you could take her to court and fight for sole custody but is it possible that having the Mother's family in her life is a huge benefit to your child? It usually is beneficial to children to experience extended family bonds. And your child does see and interact with the Mother... and is being cared for.

Are you proposing that the mother give up her time because she has to work and cannot spend the entire time with the child? It sounds like it. But I assume that you agreed to her having the child for half of the time. Now you want to exploit the situation by denying her any time at all? What a man. No wonder you are divorced! Next, I suppose you will claim you have only the child's best interest in mind!