Could a Karate person beat a MMA Striker(Boxing, Muaythai))?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I'd say that in 99% of all encounters, the karate fighter would have to "surprise or sucker-punch" his boxer, Thai-boxer, or MMA adversary. The average karate student is so vastly "under-skilled & under-conditioned" compared to his MMA counterpart, that this confrontation would be "like a rabbit fighting a puma".  In many cases, a guy who's been training in MMA for 1 year, can "own" a karate black belt whose been training for over 10 years.  The karate student will have to "fight dirty" to even have a chance, and even then, there's no guarantee that he would win that fight.  What's even "scarier" to me, is that fact that many karate students cannot "out-run" their MMA counterparts, because the MMA guys do a lot of "running" (road work) as part of their conditioning.  Karate students really need to "stay in their lane", and not piss off MMA fighters.

• 3 weeks ago

I've sparred with numerous black belts in karate. Most of them had no idea as to what actual combat was like, and would flinch after the first jab landed. With that said, black belts of shotokan karate have always known how to fight. Some are the best strikers I've had the pleasure of training with.

• 4 weeks ago

That has already been done and prove,

It all depends upon the persons skills

• Steel
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You're painting with a mighty broad brush...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I don't know, could they?

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

天狗様の答えは良いです。はい!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It depends on the relative skill levels of each person.  This guy at work is a karate expert.  I found out he was a liberal and a child molester.  When we fought, I kicked him in the throat and he ended up in a coma.  He's now in a wheelchair for life.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.