I have a habit of not finishing my drink?

Tonight, I ate my whole meal but I feel bad because I had a soda and I had a little bit left with ice and drank a little but threw it away. I feel like I should have finished the whole thing. I have somewhat of a bad habit of not finishing my drinks sometimes. Should I have finished the whole thing? And how can I get over this habit?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

During World War II, we kids had something (dreamed up by our parents nationwide) called the "Clean Plate Club".  It meant that we were to finish every bite that was served to us, no matter how full we were or how much we disliked Brussels sprouts.  "The starving children in (China – Belgium – Holland)" were frequently mentioned.

Of course meat was rationed, and we were lucky to have it more than two or three times a week.  But strange vegetables and starchy foods were served in big dollops.

Well, times have changed, and everyone is now encouraged to stop eating when they're no more than two-thirds full.

Well, you hereby have my permission to forget about the Clean Plate Club, and leave behind any food or drink that you don't want to finish.

• 1 week ago

Drink water with your meals. It is healthier, and if you don't finish it, pour it into your plants so they can have a drink.

• Maybe, if you can't finish it, don't start it.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Get a smaller drink perhaps?.

Why not try just a glass of water with your meal?, It does'nt fill you like soda, and it helps to digest the food.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sparky
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Order your drinks with NO ICE.

That way they will not be watered down and will still taste good until the bottom of the glass.

• 3 weeks ago

Get less to drink.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Why not share with someone else or buy soda that has a screw on top so you can use a little at a time.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Just put it in the ref and remember to bring it out with your next meal.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If you enjoyed the drink and had all you wanted, why feel bad about it? You could order smaller drinks or just drink water.

• 3 weeks ago

There are many more important things in life. Learn the difference between them and something as insignificant as this would be my suggestion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.