Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Does this constitute as animal cruelty and prison time?

My sisters friend (let’s call him A) was watching her and her husbands dog while they were at work. A took their dog Jax to a restaurant and tied him to an aluminum table outside while he ordered food. Jax escaped and he ran nearly two miles before he got on the freeway and was run over and killed. My sister recently found out from the manger of the restaurant where this happened that when Jax initially broke loose he initially came back and A did not even try to grab the leash. And apparently he wasn’t running that fast when Jax ran away again. Could A be charged with animal cruelty? Could he serve jail time and pay a fine? 

Hard to say, but chasing a dog will only make it try to avoid you more.

Nope

The idiot who tied the dog to the table was 100% at fault. They should have never taken the dog and could have caused a major accident. 

The manager didn't need to do anything, they didn't need to grab a dog that might bite them. Not their fault

Yes you can press charges and have him charged the new law stated any type of cruelty that looked at that a human can be hurt by it is now punishable for many many years in prison ,

Get proof sentence his ***

• lj1

It's not animal cruelty... just gross negligence.

• Jojo

NO......Not a chance, end of.

I`m sorry about the dog though, and I do hope the idiot that was supposed to be looking after the dog is no longer any friend of your sister. 

Yes, last year my neighbor got infuriated with me because I told him Joe Biden is a mumbling senile idiot.  That night my neighbor stole my dog from my yard.  He tied my dog to his car's bumper and went for a drive on the freeway at 65 mph.  My dog was killed almost immediately.  My neighbor was arrested and sent to State prison.   I hear that he is frequently beaten and raped, which is great.

• Anna

He was wrong but it was YOUR fault as well for leaving your dog outside. The dog was probably being a yappy nuisance again your fault for not training him and for leaving it outside.

Not animal cruelty.