when do I started to listed property for sale if I like to close and vacated  on a certain date?

Favorite Answer

ask the realtor what they recommend.  you could possibly put in on the market now with a notation its not available for closing until June 1.

or the contract can make you a tenant from closing date until June 1.

how fast are homes selling in your area?  In mine its about 2 weeks to 2 months for most homes, but some take significantly longer.  I know someone that had a home on the market for a year, and gave up and put tenants in.

if it doesn't sell by June, can you manage financially while it sits?

• SimplytheFACTS

realize, you many buyers won't even look under those conditions......

• Eva

Since you can't guarantee when it will sell, you should list it at least 4 months prior. Most closings take 30 - 60 days.

• LILL

You can list it now with a contingency of closing on a certain date.

immediate notice would be fine, Especially with consideration to YOUR removal date.

You don't want to sell it when you cannot leave, unless with special approval of the buyer.

Do you have a question?

• leeway4 weeks agoReport

I would like to sell my property, but must stay there until the  1st of June..when do listed with realty agent?