does anyone use snap on tools? its a brand. are they good?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • bobby
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

They are high priced,  overrated, and if you break one,  they do have a lifetime warranty but you have to wait for their tool truck to come by and get one to you or it be ordered through your tool rep.   Craftsman are far less expensive, has a lifetime warranty, and are just as good as Snap On.

• 3 weeks ago

you guessed it frank stallone

• 3 weeks ago

Snap-on tools are one of the best lines out there.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Snap on tools are top of the line, most pro's use them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

i don't use them, but afaik they have a lifetime warranty

• 3 weeks ago

Craftsman tools are fine for the home mechanic. I do have a news-flash for you. The guy in the tool department at Lowes said they would only replace broken Craftsman tools purchased at Lowes. Br careful and save your receipts. Personally, I've never broken any of my S&K Tools that were purchased in 1964. Snap-on Tools tend to be very expensive.

• Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

..also, snap tools are some of the very best, their chrome sixpoint halfinch drive sockets may be The best; snap wrenches sockets extensions pliers universals & specialty tools are all topnotch in strength & reliability, warranty is excellent, & most all their tools are very good, & yes, very pricey

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, they're good quality. A bit expensive if you don't use them every day, but professional mechanics tend to use them mostly because they carry a lifetime warranty and Snap-on will replace any broken ones. 

Personally I don't have any, my tools are a random bunch I've built up over the years from many sources but then I don't use them all the time.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Professional mechanics also don't want to take three hours of $80/hour time to drive somewhere to look for a new tool. The Snap-On guy shows up and has the tool.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

They are better than good. I have worked for several trucking companies, and most mechanics use Snap On.  Craftsman WERE just as good, they were sold by Sears. However, Sears isn't around any more.

Word among carpenters were, if you need a power tool for a one shot job , go with Black & Decker, they were cheaper, but if you needed a tool you would use every day, go with Craftsman

• F
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

B&D are strictly for domestic DIY use, they will not stand up to everyday pro use. De Walt are B&D professional range.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Snap-On is a popular brand among professional mechanics, but they're expensive and the tools are not any better (or worse) quality than Craftsman or SK tools.

• 3 weeks ago

They are real nice shiny  chrome that looks cool, but they are way overpriced, and all that nice chrome doesn't make them work  any better than cheaper brands. I have a mixed collection of tools, mostly Craftsman, that I've accumulated since age 15.

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

I Specifically look for unplanted  skeleton and thin  wrenches for my motorcycles. Less weight, chrome wears off, they work Just as well as fancy ones. At least by side of road. A full set will maker you Friends..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.